Alternative Energy & Climate Change
A new energy ecosystem is emerging. Alternative energy, such as solar, wind, hydro, tidal, geothermal and biomass, can have a significant impact on climate change, efficiency and sustainability. Challenges now are to convert R&D into products and services and sort which alternative energy technologies are adopted and promulgated worldwide.
Intellectual property valuation, standard setting, and freedom-to-operate in an emerging energy ecosystem rewards agility and depends on a mix of propriety, open, and collaborative approaches.
Sterne Kessler is perfectly positioned to help protect the IP of those innovating in the alternative energy arena, and bring such innovation to market through strategic IP counsel.
Sterne Kessler’s View
Our team’s view of alternative energy does not stop at the source of the energy, but rather encompasses all the elements—hardware, software, material science and methods—needed to efficiently harvest, store, distribute, use, and trade the alternative energy.
Product Lifecycle Management
- We understand technology. More than 60 of our professionals hold a Ph.D.; most have an advanced technical degree and/or significant industry or academic experience.
- Our interdisciplinary teams are tailored to your needs with backgrounds in a wide range of technologies, including electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, software programming, Web services, optics, energy storage systems, photovoltaic and solar energy technologies, smart grid technologies, power electronics, power systems, and semiconductor devices, just to name a few.
- We build strategic patent portfolios.
- Ask us about licensing and global patent strategies. We understand the forces at work in the global marketplace.
- Our Trademark, Advertising, and Anti-Counterfeiting Practice knows what it takes to develop and maintain strong brands around the world.
- Our team of trial lawyers has a proven record of achieving successful results in district court, the Federal Circuit, and in contested proceedings before the USPTO.