Gholam Sheikholeslami is a registered Patent Agent working at the Electronics Group. He assists with preparation and prosecution of US and foreign patent applications, due diligences, and inter partes reviews (IPRs). His primary areas of technical experience include software systems, databases, storage architecture, audio/video/image search, data clustering, and telecommunication.
Prior to joining Sterne Kessler, he worked as a Patent Specialist for two years at a multi-national telecommunication company focusing on preparation and prosecution of their patent applications. He also worked for three years on licensing, IP valuation, patent mining, and patent portfolio analysis at a private company with a very large patent portfolio.
Gholam has over 20 years of technical experience working at research centers, large international enterprises, and start-ups doing research, design, and development in various software areas including computer systems, digital media, enterprise software, image databases, image processing, video search, audio search, data mining, data clustering, Business to Business (B2B) integration, hierarchy (taxonomy) management, ontologies, information retrieval, rule engines, pattern recognition, social networks, and databases.
- G. Sheikholeslami, W. Chang, and A. Zhang, “SemQuery: Semantic Clustering and Querying on Heterogeneous Features for Visual data”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 14(5):988-1002, September/October 2002.
- D. Yu, G. Sheikholeslami, and A. Zhang, “FindOut: Finding Outliers in Very Large Datasets”, Knowledge and Information Systems, An International Journal , 4(4):387-412, October 2002.
- G. Sheikholeslami, S. Chatterjee, and A. Zhang, “WaveCluster: A Wavelet-Based Clustering Approach for Spatial Data in Very Large Databases”, The VLDB Journal, The International Journal on Very Large Databases, 8(4):289-304, February 2000.
- G. Sheikholeslami, A. Zhang and L. Bian, “A Multi-Resolution Content-Based Retrieval System for Geographical Images”, GeoInformatica, An International Journal on Advances of Computer Science for Geographic Information Systems, 3(2):109-139. June 1999.
- W. Chang, G. Sheikholeslami, J. Wang, and A. Zhang, “Data Resource Selection in Distributed Visual Information Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 10(6): 926-946, November-December 1998.
- Zhang, W. Chang, G. Sheikholeslami, and T. Syeda-Mahmood, “NetView: A Framework for Integration of Large-Scale Distributed Visual Databases”, IEEE Multimedia Magazine, 5(3):47-59, July-September 1998.
- G. Sheikholeslami, W. Chang, and A. Zhang, “Semantic Clustering and Querying on Heterogeneous Features for Visual Data”, The Proceedings of the 6th ACM International Multimedia Conference (ACM MULTIMEDIA '98), pages 3-12, Bristol, UK, September 1998.
- G. Sheikholeslami, S. Chatterjee, and A. Zhang, “WaveCluster: A Multi-Resolution Clustering Approach for Very Large Spatial Databases”, The Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'98), pages 428-439, New York City, August 1998.
- G. Sheikholeslami, S. Chatterjee, and A. Zhang, “NeuroMerge: An Approach for Merging Heterogeneous Features in Content-based Image Retrieval Systems”, The Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Multi-Media Database Management Systems, pages 106-113, Dayton, Ohio, August 1998.
- G. Sheikholeslami and A. Zhang, “Feature Visualization and Analysis for Image Classification and Retrieval”, The Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Visual Information Systems, pages 347-354, San Diego, California, December 1997.
- G. Sheikhoaslami, S.N. Srihari, and V. Govindaraju, “Computer Aided Graphology”, Progress in Handwriting Recognition, A.C. Downton and S. Impedovo (editors), World Scientific Publishers, 503-509, 1997.
- G. Sheikholeslami, A. Zhang, and L. Bian, “Geographical Image Classification and Retrieval”, The Proceedings of the 5th ACM Workshop on Geographic Information Systems, pages 58-61, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 1997.
- W. Chang, G. Sheikholeslami, A. Zhang, and T. F. Syeda-Mahmood, “Efficient Resource Selection in Distributed Visual Information Systems”, The Proceedings of ACM Multimedia 97, pages 203-213, Seattle, Washington, November 1997.
- G. Sheikholeslami, J. Guo, A. Zhang, and E. Remias, “Image Decomposition and Representation in Large Image Database Systems”, The Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 8(2):167-181, June 1997.
- E. Remias, G. Sheikholeslami, A. Zhang, and T. Syeda-Mahmood, “Supporting Content-Based Retrieval in Large Image Database Systems”, The International Journal on Multimedia Tools and Applications, 4(2):152-170, March 1997.
- G. Sheikholeslami, S. Srihari, and V. Govindaraju, “Computer Aided Graphology”, in the Fifth International Workshop on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, pages 457-460, England, September 1996.
- G. Sheikholeslami, ``Application of 3D Computer Graphics in Better Use of Maps'', Sepehr: Journal of National Geography Organization on Cartography, Remote Sensing, and Geographical Sciences, 2(5):42-46, Summer 1992.