11th Advanced Forum on Biotech Patents
09.30.09 Boston, MA
Time: 10:45 am
Dr. Cimbala will speak on the topic of "Politics and Patents: Reassessing your Patent Strategy in Light of Current Changes."
Patent reform, the new administration, evolving case law, and the current economic climate have converged on the biotech industry to create the perfect storm, catapulting biotech patent practitioners into murky waters surrounded by unknowns. This interactive session will help you to navigate the political system with an in-depth analysis of the evolving legal standards and changing players including:
- Evaluating the Tafas decision and the impact of the proposed PTO rules on the biotech sector
- Predicting how Tafas will eventually be resolved
- Determining what the practical application of the new PTO rules will be after Tafas
- Analysis of proposed patent reform legislation and its impact on the industry
- Understanding how the courts are addressing the issue of patent reform in the absence of congressional action
- Discerning the priorities of the Obama administration and the impact on biotech
- New PTO Commissioner
- How will the administration help to promote innovation in biotech?
- Reconciling the needs of the biotech industry with the emerging new rules
- Regulatory and Statutory Reexamination Reforms
- Incorporating deferred patent prosecution
- Strategically preparing a long-term plan to account for further reform in opposition to biotech’s goals
To view the conference brochure and register for the event click here.