Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. Authors U.S. Biotech Patent Law Book
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D.
- Thomson Reuters
U.S. Biotechnology Patent Law, authored by firm director Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D., is a highly readable and well-organized desktop companion for practicing attorneys, patent agents, and students seeking effortless entry into U.S. case law dealing with patents in modern biotechnology. This treatise focuses on biotechnology cases decided by the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, its predecessor, the Court of Customs and Patent Appeals, The U.S. Supreme Court, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
The casebook highlights prominent biotech case law and includes:
1) A summary and relevance of the holding;
2) Separate patent claims (Since the holdings in patent law can only be understood in reference to the claims -- Are they methods? Products? What are the exact words and limitations? - Dr. Goldstein has separated the involved claims for immediate access.);
3) Clear technical drawings or other facts needed for clearer understanding; and
4) Verbatim citations and quotes from the tribunal
Throughout the publication, Dr. Goldstein includes comments discussing trends in the case law, critiques of outlier cases, and attempts to provide unifying themes to the historical and thematic development of the case law. Also included are diagrams that provide understanding of a body of case law, for example, the development of a drug from early research to post-FDA approval.
Publisher: Thomson Reuters
Length: 426 pages
Where to buy: Thomson Reuters