Sterne Kessler Ranked Among Top Firms and Firm's Directors Recognized as "IP Stars" by Managing Intellectual Property
WASHINGTON, DC (May 25, 2017) - Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that Managing Intellectual Property has ranked the firm “Tier 1” for Patent prosecution and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) Litigation (United States Patent and Trademark Office), "Tier 2" nationally for Bio/Life Sciences, and as a "Notable Firm" for Trademark filing & prosecution. Within the Washington, D.C. metro area, Sterne Kessler was lauded as "highly recommended" for its Patent Prosecution and Patent Contentious practices. This is the fourth consecutive year the firm has been ranked by Managing Intellectual Property for its excellence in intellectual property law.
Accompanying the firm's distinctions the following directors have been named 2017 "IP Stars:"
- Tracy Gene G. Durkin, chair of the Mechanical and Design Patent Practice Group, is recognized as a “Trademark” and “Patent” star.
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D., director in the Biotech/Chemical and Litigation Practice Groups, is recognized as a “Patent” star.
- Lori A. Gordon, director in the Litigation and Electronics Practice Groups, is recognized as a “Patent” star.
- Michael Q. Lee, director in the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a “Patent” star.
- Michael B. Ray, managing director of Sterne Kessler and member of the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a “Patent” star.
- Robert Greene Sterne, founding director of Sterne Kessler, is recognized as a “Patent” star.
- Monica Riva Talley, chair of the Trademark, Advertising and Anti-Counterfeiting Practice, is recognized as a “Trademark” star.
- Jon E. Wright, co-chair of both the appellate practice and PTO litigation Practice Groups, is recognized as a “Patent” Star.
- Daniel E. Yonan, chair of the ITC practice, is recognized for ITC Section 337 Investigations.
Managing Intellectual Property's methodology for the firm rankings and the "IP Stars" lists is based on a weighted system of peer and client feedback, combined with submissions analysis and independent research. Researchers invite firms, practitioners and clients to complete questionnaires, and conduct interviews and independent research to verify and assess the information gathered. The full "IP Stars" rankings are available on the Managing Intellectual Property website, here.
About Sterne Kessler
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, DC, Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including more than 50 masters degrees and almost 55 with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.
Kathryn Holmes Johnson