The Patent Geek Show Interviews Tracy Durkin on Egyptian Goddess, Inc.
Ron Jorgensen interviews Tracy Durkin on the impact of the Egyptian Goddess, Inc. case. The interview was aired on Fairfax Public Access Channel 10 and discussed the following topics:
- What are the facts in Egyptian Goddess, Inc.?
- What are design patents and how do they differ from utility patents?
- What is the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit?
- What does this case hold and why is the case so important to the intellectual property community?
- Who is the Intellectual Property Owners Association? What is amicus curiae brief? Why was the Intellectual Property Owners Association interested in this case?
- How does design patents differ from trademarks? How does the test for infringement for design patents differ from that test for infringement of a trademark?