USPTO 101 Guidelines: Effects on Software Patents
- Salvador M. Bezos and Michelle K. Holoubek
- Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
On December 15, 2014, the USPTO issued a new comprehensive Interim Guidance document for examination of subject matter eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101.
In this webinar, Salvador M. Bezos and Michelle K. Holoubek address the USPTO guidelines through the lens of software patents. Some of the topics covered include:
- The PTO guidelines in light of recent decisions, which show a path forward for software claims.
- Strategies for responding to Office Actions in view of the PTO guidelines.
- Approaches for application drafting that provide ammunition against 101 challenges.
To view the webinar, visit our YouTube channel. The webinar slides can be downloaded below.