We love patent law and for more than 35 years, Sterne Kessler has been preparing and prosecuting patent applications. We prosecute and enforce utility and design patents for companies with extensive, active patent portfolios, as well as small start-up companies that rely on the patent system to obtain funding and to head off competition. The patents that we acquire for these innovators are sometimes their most important assets.
- Quality Counts - we prosecute when the stakes are high.
- Our attorneys, patent agents, and technical specialists have deep technical expertise in a wide range of fields.
- We provide strategic counsel from idea conception, to product, to launch and beyond.
- We are regularly recognized by companies and top organizations for patent prosecution.
Our experience with patents does not end with patent preparation and prosecution. We apply our knowledge of the laws and workings of the Patent Office to advise on patent office litigation and claim interpretation for infringement and validity opinions.
Scientifically Skilled Attorneys
Sterne Kessler attorneys and agents are carefully recruited for their technical expertise that often includes advanced technical degrees, significant industry experience, or both. All of our attorneys are either registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office or are registration eligible. Many have previously worked as patent examiners and have unique insights into the inner workings of the Patent Office.
Our patent professionals have expertise in a broad range of technologies including:
- Computer hardware & software
- Internet technology
- Medical equipment
- Consumer products
- Materials science
- Clean technologies