America Invents Act
On September 16, 2011, the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) was signed into law by President Obama. The AIA represents the most dramatic changes to U.S. patent law since the 1950s. The provisions of the AIA take effect over time – some are currently in practice and some do not go into effect until March 16, 2013 and beyond. Click here to download a timeline of all changes.
We are committed to providing useful resources and detailed information about the latest changes to patent law and below have linked to a comprehensive list of materials developed by our intellectual property focused firm.
For specific recommendations for your organization, please consult intellectual property legal counsel.
- Is the Patent a Covered Business Method? (Flow Chart)
- Prioritized Examination - Track One (Cheat Sheet)
- Post-Grant Challenges (Cheat Sheet)
- Inter Partes Reexamination vs. Inter Partes Review (Cheat Sheet)
- Timeline of Changes Under the America Invents Act (Resource)
- Post Grant Review Summary (Tip Sheet)
For more information about our AIA webinars and resources, or to be included on our invitation and distribution lists, please email email@example.com.
- PTO Issues Final Rulemaking for Covered Business Method Patent Review (08.15.12)
- AIA Implementation Activities Summer 2012 (06.20.12)
- Design Patents Under the America Invents Act (09.30.11)